Monday, August 17, 2009

First contest...

This sickly, churning I'm feeling? Oh yeah, it most definitely is nausea. Why might you ask? I've taken a leap and have submitted my first 250 words of Fatal Visions into the Secret Agent contest. It's my first, real contest that I've entered, putting my stuff out there for the world to see.

It, I'll admit, is kind of a scary thing. I've been judged before, have had others read my work, but this time... I'm nervous. Not as nervous as the Pitch that I mentioned a few posts down, but still... the restless energy is there. Or perhaps it's the fact that I'm back to work today after having been on vacation and I just don't want to work...seriously how do you get back into work mode?

It doesn't mean anything. I may not even be one of the 50 contestants. I may have emailed right at 9am this morning, but there is no guarantee. I'll update with news as it becomes available but for the moment, even though I know that the contest doesn't really end for another 22 hours or so, I'm still doing the nervous click to refresh email that so many others have mentioned in the past.

Yep... I've been bit by the frayed nerves bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment